Friday, January 01, 2016

A Manly Quilt

Happy New Year!  Can you think of a better way to start the year than with a quilt?

Do you ever have quilt leftovers so pretty that you need to make something else out of them?  I just experienced it and this happened:


This pattern is called Ebb and Flow and it was in McCall's Quilting May/June 2015.  If you plan to make this, please be aware that there's a mistake in the pattern.  The correction is HERE.

I made this quilt for my uncle.  I've wanted to make him a quilt for years and knew it had to be in the colors of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  This is a quilter's interpretation of black & gold.

I wanted to keep the quilting simple so I just quilted wiggly lines:


I used Mellow Yellow, one of my new FabuLux threads from WonderFil.

The fabric was from BG Modern Ink from Moda, and I used them in my Bull's Eye Cutie pattern sample:


Have you finished a quilt this year yet?  (teehee).  Do you plan to quilt today?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Happy New Year Debbie. I really like your Bulls Eye Quilt... even the Steeler colors look good. Did you check out Clue 6? Zowie I like that Aliatere quilt a lot! Must seriously consider whether I want to make that one after deciding against it. Could be because I'm still finishing Easy Street the last one I did start!