Saturday, January 16, 2016

Why Ask Why?

My word of the year for 2016 is WHY?  I plan to question everything and make decisions that make sense for me.  Some of them will be big and important decisions and some will be little ones.  Here is a little one.

I have a dodgy phone charging cord that I keep on my desk.  It works when it feels like it and it never feels like working when I need to import photos and such to my computer.  I asked "Why am I living with a dodgy phone charging cord?"  I had no answer, so I shopped for a new cord.

Another question I often ask about my charging cords (yes, cords.  I keep one on my desk, one on my nightstand, one in my car, and one in my travel bag) is "Why are iPhone cords so ridiculously short?"  Have you ever had to manipulate yourself to accommodate a short charging cord?  Aren't you glad no one took photos of this?

Well, I answered both questions by buying new charging cords.  Long ones:


The charging cord at the bottom is my broken, too short cord.  The one at the top is my new and twice as long cord.  I'm happy to report that I uploaded this photo without having to jiggle the cord and make promises "C'mon baby.  If you just upload this one time I promise to to say nasty things to you ever again."

Did you know that you can get 2m charging cords for your iPhone?  Why didn't I know this sooner?

1 comment:

Christine said...

You crack me up. I just went through all this about a month ago. For me it was my kindle cord. I kept that thing for years and always had to rig up all kinds of ways to bend the plug just right so it would charge. Finally bought a new one and it is wonderful! I splurged for an extra i-phone cord while I was at it. Why do we torture ourselves so?