Monday, February 29, 2016

The Splendid Sampler -- Simple Simon

So far in The Splendid Sampler we have pieced tiny pieces, embroidered, and appliqued.  I learned so much by challenging myself with those blocks, but yesterday's block was a sweet relief.  Simple Simon by Celine Perkins was quick and easy to piece.

Here is my block:


As simle as this block was, I still had to piece mine twice.  I didn't like the way my green striped lined up the first time so I ripped it apart to make sure that the center horizontal strip looked like it was going straight across.  I may make this a third time, cutting those horizontal pieces more carefully, but then again I might just leave well enough alone.

If you want to see everyone else's block, click HERE.

If you want to be tempted to start a new quilt, click HERE to see Celine's quilt that she made from all Simple Simon blocks, triangles, and sashing.  Oh Celine, you are tempting me!

I am dreaming of all of the fun ways I could quilt this block and can't wait to start sharing my tutorials with you.  Until then, if you quilt on a sit-down longarm machine you might benefit from my Handi Quilter Sit-Down Longarm instructional DVDs.

So, what would you do with my block?  Should I re-cut the green horizontal strip and re-piece it?  Or let good enough alone?

1 comment:

Sharmond said...

I like it just the way it is. I did mine twice too,