Friday, March 18, 2016

The Splendid Sampler -- Iowa



It is my goal to have a meal and sleep overnight in all 50 of these United States.  I have achieved that with 40 states so far, but I am not sure if I should consider Iowa or not.  The first time I was in Iowa, it was in the back of a taxi as it drove me from Omaha, Nebraska to Kansas City, Missouri.  It's a really, really long story.  That $450 cab ride went through four states, but I didn't have a meal or a hotel room in any of them so I didn't count it.  The second time I was in Iowa, I technically fulfilled both requirements, but I was in the state less than 18 hours.  I arrived, can't remember if I had dinner, slept, had a death in the family, and ate a breakfast sandwich at the airport as I flew out mid-morning.  I think I would like to visit Iowa again, just to make sure I can officially count it as having eaten and slept there.

The current block for The Splendid Sampler is named Iowa.  Sherri McConnell designed this scrappy snowball block and I really enjoyed making it!  April Rosenthal's Meadowbloom fabrics make this block sing!

If you want to see how everyone else's Iowa block turned out, click HERE and scroll down.

I am so excited that the machine quilting tutorials for The Splendid Sampler are rolling out soon.  Are you ready?  How would you quilt this block?

While you are waiting for the tutorials, I encourage you to check out my Handi Quilter DVDs all about sit-down longarm quilting.


No comments: