Thursday, October 13, 2016

Oh Say Can You See?

When you are quilting, do you ever have trouble seeing your stitching?

I'm working on a quilt this week and it has some "hard to see the stitching" fabrics.  The fabrics are LOVELY!!!, but difficult to see.

Check out one of the April Cornell prints:


Can you see the beautiful feathered wreath I'm quilting in that square using bright green thread?  No?

Me neither!

I am quilting this quilt on my Handi Quilter Fusion.  I added a Handi Light goose-necked light to my machine so that I can change the angle of the light.  I swung my light so it was aimed at the side of my block (rather than from overhead).  I was able to see my stitching this way:


Side-lighting works!  The next time you can't see your stitching, light your quilt from the side so that you can see the shadow of where the stitching is.

Happy quilting!

No comments: