Friday, July 28, 2017

Quilt Finish -- Petal Power

In July/August 2015 issue of Gen Q Magazine, I published a quilt pattern called Petal Power.  It was for a tablerunner, but I decided to make a larger quilt from the same pattern.  It was hand-appliqued and sat unfinished for two years.

Then... I compromised and machine appliqued over the hand-appliqued leaves, also machine appliqueing the unfinished leaves.  I quickly quilted it and....


It's DONE!

The secret to finishing this quilt was FabuLux Neon Lime thread:


I used it for the machine applique:


Oh how my HQ Stitch 710 loves to machine applique!

I used FabuLux Neon Lime thread for the quilting:


I didn't use FabuLux Neon Lime thread for the machine binding, though.  I used a thinner, subtle thread so it wouldn't show up on the backing:


My HQ Stitch 510 is my straight-stitching work horse.  And my Clover Binding Clips are ANGELS!  They make machine binding possible for me!

This quilt is for one of the thousand babies being born in my circle this year.  The mom saw this as a UFO and said, "Hey, that'll match the nursery" so I finished it for her.  That was easy!

No comments: