Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Postcards for Houston

Along with many, I am glued to the news watching the devastation in Texas.  If I were home, I would turn off the news, run to my sewing room, and make postcards to bring peace to myself and to others, but I am traveling this week with my family.  I have no machine or fabric and not even a single thread with me.

I do have my computer, though, and I turned there to help me personally deal with this tragedy as I wait for updates from friends and family in Houston.  I've had this 4.25" x 5.5" postcard design in my head for a while:



I wrote up this pattern and have added it to my store.  If you look closely, you'll see that the downloadable pattern sells for $0.  In exchange for this pattern download, I ask that you make a donation to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.  I have friends who work with Samaritan's Purse; please add links to your favorite relief charities in the comments below.

When I return home, I will stitch this and publish tutorials in my newsletter.  You can easily make postcards from the scraps in your sewing room.  If you need supplies, though, check out my Postcard Trimming Tool and Postcard Supply Kit on my website.

Please share this post wherever you can.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

For those wanting to help officers helping with the rescue efforts in South Texas.. Here is your chance!
**URGENT NEED** First responders are working around the clock to assist with those in need of help from Hurricane Harvey. As you can image they are spending lots of time submerged in water.

The Blue Bow Foundation is asking for your help to provide these dedicated individuals with socks and boots to help replace what has been destroyed and/or simply soaking wet. We urge you to PLEASE donate to www.bluebow.org or contact us if you prefer to purchase them on your own. 100% of the collected money will go towards the purchase of socks and boots! Thank you for helping those who help you!!