Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Day in the LIfe of a Handi Quilter Educator

I'm convinced that I have the best job in the whole wide world.  I have been a Handi Quilter educator for over a decade and the job gets better every single year.  I love my company, my co-workers, my retailers, and my students.  Who can ask for anything more?

Here's a glimpse of my yesterday as a Handi Quilter Educator:

I checked out of my hotel in Dublin, Ohio and grabbed a quick breakfast.  In the restaurant parking lot, I had to Make Way for Ducklings.



These were not my goslings because I left my phone on the car seat and just sat and watched the family move through the parking lot.  It was a beautiful few minutes to see five baby goslings led by one parent and followed by the other.  When I looked around, all of the other drivers and pedestrians were smiling broadly.  What a great start to the morning!

I taught two machine quilting classes at Red Rooster Quilt Shop:


This is a fun shop with fun students and fun fabrics.  Fabrics like Ohio State University fabrics:


We all know that Ohio State has the best darn band in the whole darn land:



I bought a darling kit of Cluck Cluck Sew's Touchdown pattern, with Ohio State's scarlet and gray colors, of course.


In case you are wondering about my allegiance to The Ohio State University, I should probably let you know that one of the people that I birthed attended that university.  In other words: four years of my salary went to this hallowed institution.

During class today, my students told me that I had to try Graeter's ice cream because it was one of the best ice creams in the entire country.  That is a claim not to be missed, so I tried it:


Ho-ly yum!   Black raspberry chip is my new favorite ice cream!

After fortifying myself with ice cream, I drove to Pittsburgh to stay at my childhood home overnight.  There is a small obstacle just south of the city that makes driving into Pittsburgh a challenge:  Mt. Washington.  After checking to see that the Pirate game wasn't over and that I wouldn't be driving into stadium traffic (note: the Pirates won and are back in first place), I decided to be brave and drive through the Ft. Pitt tunnel tubes instead of diverting around the city.  As I was in the tunnel, a song from my teenage years was on the radio station that I listened to as a teenager:



It was the perfect soundtrack to accompany my night-time drive where I emerged from the tunnel into one of the most stunning skylines I've ever seen:



After safely negotiating eleventy thousand a few lane changes to continue driving north, I arrived at mom's house safely to spend the night.

Is it just me, or was it a wonderful yesterday?  It's true that I am often away from home, that I fly a lot, and drive even more but those are small prices to pay for the joys, small and large, that I encounter daily as a Handi Quilter Educator.

Today I am continuing my drive home and will enjoy a few quilt-filled days before I head to Bits 'N Pieces in Pelham, NH for a birthday bash weekend of Handi Quilter and other machine quilting classes, longarm and domestic.


2 comments:

How To Create Backlinks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry said...

Just catching up with the posts (house sale and house hunting time-out). Loved, loved LOVED the band! Brilliant performance - I don't think we have anything like it over here. Thank you so much for that. A very fun post - all of it, thank you Debby. :D